Publication of the Tribunal's Fiscal Year 2023 Annual Report

I am pleased to announce the publication of the Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 Annual Report of the World Bank Administrative Tribunal (WBAT). The Annual Report provides an overview of the Tribunal’s activities, user demographics, judgment highlights, and trends observed between July 1, 2022, and June 30, 2023.

In FY 2023, the Tribunal concluded 19 cases, addressing issues such as employment contracts, jurisdiction, and ethical/respectful behaviors. Notable topics included non-confirmation claims, disability benefits, fairness in job selection, and non-selection.

The Tribunal’s cases reflected a shift with 42% from World Bank Group headquarters and 58% from country offices. Female applicants constituted 53% of applications and male applicants accounted for the remaining 47%. Most applicants (71%) held positions at Grade Levels GE and above, and 53% had Open-Ended appointments. In FY 2023, the Tribunal took an average of eight months to dispose of a case, a two-month decrease from FY 2022.

Zakir Hafez, Executive Secretary, World Bank Administrative Tribunal

Useful information for applicants and potential applicants about the Tribunal and its procedures.

View the FAQ

Applications filed with the Tribunal must comply with the requirements of Rule 7 and Annex 1 of the Tribunal's Rules. Applicants may use the form below to complete and submit their applications.

Guide to Completing the Application Form
Application Form

1800 G Street, NW 
Mail Stop U 11-1101 
Washington, DC 20006 

TEL: (202) 458-0271 
FAX: (202) 522-3581 
EMAIL: Tribunal@worldbank.org

Staff based in country offices may reverse the telephone charges, or may provide a number where they may be reached.